October 2000 – 2004
Teague | Everett WA
A new position at the time - translate design concepts into full scale showcase mockups of aircraft interiors and manage build fabrication. Take the core design elements of a concept and design a full scale mockup that allows clients to experience the design intent. This position taught me the value of practical design and the reality that a design is only as good as it's capability to be fabricated.
- Mechanical and structural design of full scale enclosures and moving components with attention to detail.
- Use knowledge of materials and fabrication techniques to represent production type materials.
- Working with a multitude of fabrication techniques: tooling, machining, rapid prototyping, electronics
- Manage multiple suppliers and sequencing of outsourced components
- Manage a small group of mockup builders to maintain project goals, intent, and schedule
Palmares: Boeing 787 Sales Mockup, OFAR Mockups,